We provide services throughout the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, Southern Highlands, South West Sydney, Southern Tablelands, New England, and North West. We offer a wide variety of individualised support programs including life and employability skills training as well as our award winning employment services for people with disability.
Our vision is for a society where inclusion is the norm. Our purpose is to provide quality support to people with disability in response to their life choices and individual needs.
Essentially we’re all about YOU
Where we’ve come from
Our organisation began operating in 1986 as lllawarra Vocational Services (IVS). In 1990, the organisation separated from IVS and became an Incorporated Association. Essential Personnel (EP) as it become known, was overseen by a Committee of Management of up to eight (8) Members.
In 2012 EET was established as a Company Limited by Guarantee, to eventually replace Essential Personnel Association Incorporated. The two legal entities currently operate in parallel, providing employment, training, and life skills services.
Our services have expanded over the years, and we now cater to a diverse range of customers with disability across NSW. In 2013, we began organising services for people holding individually funded packages and have since expanded our operations into the New England and North West regions, where we now deliver services in lnverell, Narrabri and Moree.
Where we’re heading
As we evolve into a fast-paced, technologically sophisticated world, so too must EET. The only constant in this dynamic environment is change; which brings with it new challenges. At EET we don’t view change as something to be afraid of, rather we set out to find the opportunities that allow us and leverage off our strengths. The days of structured silo programs are behind us, so we move into the future with optimism and a willingness to adapt.
While the path ahead is variable, our commitment to an all-inclusive society has, and will never, change. We will stay informed about issues that matter and continue to advocate for an cohesive society where all people are equal and diversity is valued.
We are committed to:
- Person-centred planning and delivering person-centred services,
- providing an enabling environment where people can exercise choice and control in their lives,
- offering a responsive and flexible service to each individual client,
- employing staff who take a person-centred approach to their work,
- building trusting relationships with each person they support and the significant people in their lives,
- making equitable and impartial decisions when providing services to its participants
- professionalism and excellence in all aspects of service delivery, by competent and qualified staff,
- sustaining an organisational culture whereby staff respect each others gifts, talents, and strengths, and are provided with opportunities to use these skills,
- acting ethically at all times in accordance with its Code of Conduct, NSW Disability Service Standards, and the National Standards for Disability Services,
- building strong community partnerships, and
- being accountable in all aspects of its service delivery.