Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
Original dot art by Tynan Lenihan Jellyfish 2016 ( acrylic on canvas, reproduced courtesy of the artist)
Essential Employment & Training acknowleges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respect to Elders past, present, and future.
EET is honoured to serve our Indigenous communities throughout NSW and to share in the cultures of Australia’s First People – a privilege that we respect immensely. Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have a heritage that is rich and proud, and we are grateful to be able celebrate your successes and accomplishments.
Fostering Culturally Aware Communities
- EET condemns discrimination in all forms, and advocates equality for all Australians.
- EET supports indigenous participants to build strong cultural connections within their local communitites.
- EET participates in activities and events that celebrate Australia’s first people.
- EET partners with TAFE Illawarra and Shoalhaven Regional Gallery to sponser the Shoalhaven Black Cockatoo Art Awards.
- Indigenous support workers provide culturally appropriate community and employment support to participants.