Like our Facebook page and upload your selfie for your chance to WIN! Hashtag #eetselfie.
Get Involved & Donate Now!
Red Nose Day is SIDS and Kids’ biggest national fundraising activity held each year in Australia. SIDS and Kids is less than 5% government-funded and relies heavily on the proceeds from Red Nose Day to continue its work in providing vital services and programs in your local community including:
- Ongoing bereavement support and counselling to families and the community following the sudden and unexpected death of a baby, infant or child – provided free of charge, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
- Education to thousands of parents, carers and health professionals on how to reduce the risk of SIDS and fatal sleeping accidents through our world class, evidence-based SIDS and Kids safe sleeping program
- Free-of-charge publications and distribution of leaflets, brochures and booklets
- Funding of research when suitable and appropriate projects are available
- Research into the causes and prevention of sudden and unexpected death of babies and children including SIDS, stillbirth and other unexplained deaths.
Info on how to donate please see link – https://www.rednoseday.com.au/index.php/donation/
Our 8th Annual Sky’s the Limit Mini Olympics
22nd October 2015
Essential Employment and Training (EET) assists people with disability to develop skills that will help them achieve their life goals, increase their independence and participate as valued and active members of the community.
Since 2008, EET has been hosting “Sky’s the Limit” Mini Olympics for people with disability at Beaton Park in Wollongong. Hundreds of participants from Metropolitan Sydney, the Illawarra region and beyond have gathered each year to experience the exhilaration and joy of competition in a variety of sporting activities – Just like the Olympics.
When: 22nd October 2015
Where: Beaton Park Leisure Centre
Time: 10am – 2pm
This year we will once again be inviting athletes with disabilities to join us in the fun and we are proud to announce that Wollongong Lord Mayor, Councillor Gordon Bradbery OAM will be attending this year’s event!
Please get on board and support this remarkable local event! Your support for this great initiative will be greatly appreciate. We are offering local businesses the chance to become involved in this initiative which has become an annual event on the local sporting calendar of our sports-crazy city.
Please contact Toni for further details:
Telephone: (02) 4227-3111 or
Free call: 1800 243 513 or
We recently held our first Annual Cupcake Competition run in conjunction with National Youth Week at Jellybean Park in Nowra. The competition raises money for local Youth Organisations and aims to boost awareness about people with disability in the local community.
We had a great turn out for the event with participants from the Shoalhaven, Wollongong, Southern Highlands and Goulburn all putting forward their 6 best cupcakes for judging. Our Judges included Shoalhaven Mayor Johanna Gash and Essential Employment and Training CEO Amanda Calwell-Smith, who were asked to make there judgements purely on aesthetics so the cupcakes could be sold off and funds raised given to the local Youth Centre.
Essential Employment and Training Regional Manager Garry Field said “We hope to make this an annual event that will get bigger and better every year, One day we would love to be able to shut the main street of Nowra and line tables up the whole length of the road filled with cupcakes.”