Full time Position
Essential Employment and Training (EET) is a community based not-for-profit employment service provider established in 1986, successfully delivering a comprehensive range of employment, life skills and training solutions to people with disability in the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, Southern Highlands and Southern Tablelands regions.
EET strives to empower people with disability to create and own their futures and works with its clients in person-centred and respectful ways.
Essential Employment and Training’s high performing disability employment service (DES) engages with and assists job seekers with a disability who are experiencing barriers to achieve sustainable and valued employment.
Our hardworking and dedicated DES team holds a high standard of work ethics and has a real desire to help job seekers with a disability to gain sustainable employment and to enjoy all the life-changing benefits that being employed brings.
Essential Employment and Training’s success stems from the talented and creative team who are motivated by a strong values-based approach.
We recruit new team members who are driven by these values and who are committed to promoting the abilities of people with disability.
We are seeking an exceptional and energetic person with case management, reverse marketing and employment consultancy skills to join our DES team. Your key focus will be on placing job seekers into sustainable employment by utilising your effective marketing, relationship building skills and industry contacts and providing on the job and on-going supports once your client is working.
If you would like to work for a growing, not for profit organisation that creates opportunities, inspires futures and truly makes a difference to disadvantaged peoples’ lives, we would love to hear from you!
- Strong customer service focus, ability to build rapport and inspire people from all walks of life
- Capacity to work in a person-centred way with jobseekers to develop a realistic & achievable individual employment plan.
- Ability to reverse market, cold call, build and maintain employer, job seeker, stakeholder and network relationships
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to engage with a range of stakeholders
- A ‘people person’ with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong performance orientation with a drive to achieve outcomes and meet targets; including the ability to meet and exceed monthly key performance indicators (KPIs)
- The ability to work collaboratively and innovatively within a team
- Ability to establish effective community networks (e.g. health professionals, community groups etc.) to assist the person with disability
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with clients and employers
- Strong administrative skills, record keeping skills and computer literacy skills; experience with database management systems (e.g. ESS, Bridge)
- Current Driver’s License
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Must be able to travel to other sites when required
- Qualifications and/or experience in Community Services & Health industry
- Willingness to participate in continuous learning and development in supporting clients with complex needs in a changing environment
- Experience in employment services (DES/DMS or JSA) will be highly regarded
SALARY & CONDITIONS
As per the Labour Market Award
12-month contract subject to a 3-month probationary period.
EET is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer & is committed to a high standard of WHS
EET is a smoke-free working environment
What Essential Employment and Training can offer you:
- 12 month fixed term contract
- A competitive salary
- Salary sacrificing which offers you tax savings plus additional meal entertainment and accommodation expenses
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training and support and professional development
- Family-friendly organisation
- A supportive and friendly work environment
- A professional career in the human services sector
If successful in being offered this role, you will be required to provide a Working with Children Check clearance number & a National Criminal History Record Clearance, prior to commencing in the role.
- The Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 requires persons engaged in children related work to have Working with Children clearances.
Please refer to https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application to apply for a WWCC clearance.
- You must also provide a National Criminal History Record Check in accordance with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014.
The Disability Inclusion Act 2014 prohibits a person who has been convicted of a criminal offence as outlined in Schedule 2 of the Act to be employed to provide supports and services directly to people with a disability in a way that involves fact to face or physical contact. These offences include:
- A prescribed sexual offence as defined under the Criminal Procedure Act 1986(or equivalent law in other states or territories)
- Specified other assaults under the Crimes Act 1900(or equivalent law in other states or territories) for which the person was sentenced to 2 or more years imprisonment.
An application form for a National Criminal History Record Check is available online at www.police.nsw.gov.au
To apply for this position you MUST:
- Download our Application for Employment form by pasting the following link to your browser: http://eetgroup.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/78-R16-07-17-Application-for-Employment-EET.doc – Complete the Application for Employment Form AND respond to each of the Essential & Desirable criteria of the position.
- Contact our Head Office on 1800 243 513 to request a copy of the full job vacancy & our EET Application for Employment Form. Complete the Application for Employment Form AND respond to each of the Essential & Desirable criteria of the position.
NOTE: Late applications or applications which have not addressed the selection criteria will not be considered.
Send your application to the attention of:
Regional Manager – Illawarra
Essential Employment & Training
Employment Consultant/Marketer Position – Wollongong
PO Box 1156, Wollongong NSW 2500
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries about this position to Toni Losinno – Regional Manager: Illawarra
Ph: 0448 297 864
CLOSING DATE: 5.00 pm Thursday 18 January 2018
|Job Category||Full time|