School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES)
Your Journey to Employment with Essential Employment and Training (EET)
Employment and its many benefits
Employment is not just about jobs and money. It’s about being valued, useful and included. Being employed brings with it independence, improved confidence, a wider social circle and a well-balanced life-style.
Employment brings well-deserved benefits to people with disability who so often face many more barriers than unemployed people generally.
‘Increased access to employment opportunities is a key to improving economic security and personal wellbeing for people with disability, their families and carers’. (Recognising Ability: Business and the Employment of People with Disability).
NDIS and School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) – overview
If you are a Year 12 school leaver SLES can assist you to transition from school and into employment. SLES is a NEW reasonable and necessary NDIS funding support category.
SLES supports include activities that contribute to achieving an employment outcome such as work experience, job site training, travel training as well as assisting with linkages to ongoing employment support.
For Year 12 school leavers phasing into the NDIS in 2017, SLES will be offered to them as a support as part of their NDIS plan
Participants can have SLES and other funded support shaped into their NDIS plan. They also have choice and the control over how they use funded supports in their NDIS plan.
*EET is a registered NDIS provider. EET already provides SLES in some regions of NSW and will do in Illawarra /Shoalhaven regions from July 2107.
Why choose EET as your SLES provider?
- EET is a well-established, long term and successful disability employment service (DES) and Transition to Work provider
- For 30 years EET has been a quality provider of employment services. We have expert knowledge and skills in helping people with disability to find and keep work
- EET has an outstanding success rate in gaining meaningful employment for people with disability
- EET facilitates real-life workplace experiences and workplace awareness activities, enabling young people to develop a greater understanding and knowledge of the WORLD OF WORK.
- EET has written courses in Employability Skills which are the skills employers want and which are critical to employment success. These courses have been successfully used by disability employment services (DES) and Transition to Work (TTW) providers across Australia for many years
- We work WITH you. We listen to you, consult with you and plan with you.
- We are all about YOU, the individual
- We a take person-centred approach and build on YOUR strengths and abilities
- We focus on YOUR needs and supports
In the Illawarra and Shoalhaven region, Essential Employment & Training’s (EET) current Transition to Work Program is commencing the transfer over to SLES funding.